• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 Motor First Runs Rough Now No Start

bigbadwolf54

NAXJA Forum User
On Sunday we made a trip out to the Badlands, and everything was good until I started going threw the Mud Pits at the botom of the Quary. I put my Passenger side in almost to the hood, but luckily the Drivers, Airbox, was out so It kept on runnin. After I got out of that it was runnin a little rough, and I went to go up a hill, and it started to bog out. Then my check engine light came on. I finished up wheeling, and loaded up on trailer, and towed it home. I was hoping whatever was wet would just dry out, but it didn't. My jeep ran really rough all day yesterday, especially at low RPMs. And would bog with throttle. Now this morning it just cranks, and wont fire. I think it might be my O2 sensor, because my exhaust was under, and I have a hole right by the lower sensor.I thought I would post on here and see what you guys think, before I go out and spend $70 on a sensor.
Thanks in advance for any advice

Ok I finally got it back running last night. The wire that connects the computer in the Distibutor to the wiring harness was completly coroded, I threw in the spare plug I had in the garage, and it starts at least. I hooked it up to my scantool, and It says I have low voltage at the CPS. So I guess I will pull that tonight, and check the connection. For some reason that is making it run really Rich, and Shoot black smoke. I got asked today at the as station if it was a diesal, I wish. I will let you guess know how it works out.

Back