• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is This a Good Deal?

hmmhoyhoy

NAXJA Forum User
Track bar-141.91$
Upper/Lower Ball Joints-106$
Steering Stabilizer-125.95$

447$=Parts
375$=Labor

Total=852$

Is this a ripoff??

Im in Denver,Co

No wai!
You can get stabilizers for like $40 bucks, and they're Ranchos. What kind of trackbar is it? Labor sounds like a lot too, where are you getting quoted at?

factory prices... t/b $159.00, str stab. $89.00, ball joint kit $237.00. Aftermarket considerably less, t/b about $80.00 str. stab. $25-40.00, ball joints about $25-35.00 a piece. Keep in mind that a shop will add mark up into the a/m parts, should already be included in the factory stuff though...

stabilizer kinda high

Well not really

Not really a rip off, but you could of shopped for the parts and got them a lot cheaper and then done it yourself and save a fortune. Balljoints are tricky , but the Trac-bar and stabilizer are cake. That stabilizer was way over the top though.

I havent had it done yet. I have 4.5 inches of lift and have an adjustable track bar installed now. Will I need another adjustable track bar?

I have never messed with steering but I will prob end up doin it now after all that

why did they tell u that you need a new trackbar?

I would just have them do the ball joints...what did they say or what do YOU say your problem is?

hmmhoyhoy said:
I havent had it done yet. I have 4.5 inches of lift and have an adjustable track bar installed now. Will I need another adjustable track bar? I have never messed with steering but I will prob end up doin it now after all that

I just went to an adjustable because I hit 6". I ran a factory one until that jump from 5". Adjustables are pretty spendy, but they do allow for a little more articulation because of the heim joints. At 4.5" I'd just get a factory one. They are under $100. Scrap yards are full of them. Just pop them off the XJs they have until you find one that has a good end. What is wrong with the adjustable one you have on there ? Don't let the steering scare you away either. It is pretty simple and straight forward. Like the one guy said just have them do the balljoints. See if they will allow you to supply parts and shop around if they do. Some shops do most don't though. I'd go Spicer or Moog BJs. Good Luck !

boise49ers said:
I just went to an adjustable because I hit 6". I ran a factory one until that jump from 5". Adjustables are pretty spendy, but they do allow for a little more articulation because of the heim joints. At 4.5" I'd just get a factory one. They are under $100. Scrap yards are full of them. Just pop them off the XJs they have until you find one that has a good end. What is wrong with the adjustable one you have on there ? Don't let the steering scare you away either. It is pretty simple and straight forward. Like the one guy said just have them do the balljoints. See if they will allow you to supply parts and shop around if they do. Some shops do most don't though. I'd go Spicer or Moog BJs. Good Luck !

They said the trackbar was bad. IDK whats wrong with it. Im going to do the ball joints, after I change that im going to see how it drives because the track bar looks fine to me

If you have an aftermarket trackbar, it probably just needs a new joint/tie rod end at the frame mount. Do you know the manufacturer?

Fred

Fred said:
If you have an aftermarket trackbar, it probably just needs a new joint/tie rod end at the frame mount. Do you know the manufacturer?

Fred

I dont know the manufacturer, it was with the Jeep when I got it

Where can I find new tie rod ends for the trackbar?

Without knowing who made it, it might be difficult. If you can get the tie rod end/joint off and take it to a good shop, they might be able to match it.

Fred

Last edited:
Back