• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will the 8.8 pinion flange

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
Bolt up to a 9" housing? I keep busting the ujoint ubolts and think the pinion flange would be a better idea, any thoughts?

The real question is why are you busting the u bolts and joints? Do you have excess axle wrap causing the driveshaft to bind? Or is your yoke missing the little ears that keep the u joint caps in place? The flange will only be a bandaid to the real problem. I had simmilar issues with the joints going bad and it was due to excessive axle wrap.

AARON

I know I have axle wrap and plan on building a traction bar, that is probably the main issue.

the yoke is in good shape.

Go 1350 and build that traction bar.

vetteboy said:
That pinion flange isn't the best idea either...guys in my group carry 2-3 spares all the time because they blow up pretty regularly.

That and if you saddle up on a rock just right it will loosen all the bolts. Not much but just enough for you not to notice until you get on the highway to go home.

I don't have the stock 12 point bolts though, probably would not have happened with them.

Back