• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How about this '88

bl87xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hoping to get past these XJ searching posts and get into some more specific questions about our XJ.

Anyway, it is about an hour drive from me. But have located an '88 Laredo
(what did Laredo package include)

140K miles.
second owner (bought from original owner 4-years ago)
says it runs, drives, shifts, stops, etc. good.
Looks faded, but straight, clean and complete in pics.
Has Jeep 5-point alum wheels, looks due for tires (yah!)
A/C works
CD player, Alarm, new battery, whatever, but it seems to be complete.

He says there is a loose bolt in the steering column, can be fixed for $100-$200. I am assuming that is a shop repair cost..What can that be?

Parking break button is broken. ??? I am guessing the little thumb button.

He is asking $2,100. The ad has been on-line for a while so I may be able to work that down a bit.

It is in CA, but has WA plates. He says it runs fine and is complete. I expect it would pass smog. I would have to check for WA rust!

So..what do you all think.

In my opinion $2100 seems a little high for an '88 if you look around, you could find something much newer for around the same price. Offer him $1500......cash talks

where is this located. I bought an 89 for 1300. No problems other than the paint was faded. It had its usual oil leaks, but I knew how to fix all that stuff. The e-brake is a really easy fix but does take a little time to do it. I would offer him 1000 and go from there. There are plenty of jeeps put there that are in this price range that run good but you will need to do some fixing. What are your plans for the rig ? PM me...

Speed_racer said:
Around here, it would sell for 1k-$1500.. But this is FLorida, cheap here... Cali is NOT cheap..

i used to live in cali and used cars there are a helluva lot cheaper there than they are here in tn especially private party, ill probably buy my next xj when im out there this summer because people want outrageous prices for junk here, i bought my mj from a guy in lake elsinore and got a great deal compared to what i would have probably paid for the same thing here. i would keep looking cuz 2100 is way too much for an 88

Back