• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Summit Air Filters

SwissArmyJeep

NAXJA Forum User
I see Summit Racing has there own brand of drop in cotton gauze "Dry" air filters. I wanted to see if I can get any input from the experts before sending them my money. Has anyone used them, Read reviews on them, Have any opinions?
Thanks.

My opinion is it's not going to flow any better than a regular filter unless you get a bigger filter (like a cone style). The only advantage would be the ability to clean it, and maybe it might filter a little better.

According the guys at AEM filters. The major restriction in the stock Jeep system is that flexy rubber pipe that connects the box to the throttle. All the little ridges cause turbulence in the air making it harder to push through. Also when I was talking to the rep he said they have a new dry flow system for the Cherokee, that is almost ready to release. He said if all goes as planed you will be able to find it later this year.

scoobyxj said:
I was talking to the rep he said they have a new dry flow system for the Cherokee, that is almost ready to release. He said if all goes as planed you will be able to find it later this year.

Thanks Scooby!! :yelclap:
That is worth waiting for. Cleanabilty was what I was looking for.(hate filling landfills) I did want to stick with the stock box, but yeah, I'm trying to figure a way to smooth the flex pipe.

Back