• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

confused as hell?!?!

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
i thnik my ball joints are shot because every time i turn i hear loud clunks and if i hit a bump the wrong way i hear it and feel it...i jacked it up yesterday and did the test and there was no play?!!? im still believe they are done.... any suggestions... i just changed the hubs and u joints about 6000 miles ago....

Turning and hearing loud clunking noises usualy means u-joints. I heard loud clunks right before I had to replace my two front joints on the axle shafts. If you are hearing it when you hit a bump the wron way, it could be the trackbar. Check them both out.

the u joints are brand new though and are so nice......but what is thiss about the trackbar... i also went under there and pushed and pulled the trackbar...the drag link and the tie rod for play...and nothing also?!

Re: Bushings

boise49ers said:
Have you checked the control arm bushings Upper and Lower ? Bad Trac-Bar can cause it also.

this is also what i was wondering.. i have re's lower control arm off my buddies xj after he rolled and he used to jump it.... im thinking mabe the johhny joints are shot?! a the uppers are stock....

If the Superflex joints in the control arms are bad they will make rattling noises when driving, not just around turns or hitting a bump the wrong way, all bumps would do it. It could be this.

Get under there and have a friend wiggle the steering wheel back and forth fast and look at all the joints. Lube up the metal end of the trackbar and check everything for slop.

ok ill get my brother to do it.. and get back...thanks!

Back