• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3-1/2" Dash Speakers?

odinvystrel

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of upgrading my speakers and according to Crutchfield I could mount 3-1/2" in the dash. I purchased the recommended speakers and received them yesterday. I attempted to install the speakers but there is now way to mount the speakers in the designated area. Is there a special bracket that allows you to mount the 3-1/2" speakers?

Look on the back side of the "knee blocker" under the dash. If you see the "vents" on each end of the panel, then on the backside, there are mounting, um, locations. They look like "tabs" that are hollow. My '88 Limited, Laredo, and all 3 MJs' have the locations, but only the Limited and Laredo have the speakers.

i just moved my door speakers into that location. the plugs were there already so it was just a plug-and-play [literally]

i didnt care enough to make anything look flush so i just drilled some holes and ran bolts through the knee blocker to hold the speakers in place.

3.5" should fit fine.

Back