• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Idle Brake Booster Vacume Leak

1989cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guy's i am still trying to solve a high idle problem?
Have been looking for vacume leak for so long i have almost given up! All the sugestions i have read on this site are good beginnings to start with,but i have never been so baffeled in my life? How can something so trivial as a high idle problem be so hard to correct? I have done everything that has been listed on the site to correct a high idle problem but to no avail. The next thing i need to check is the brake master cylinder booster. I read that if it is leaking it could be the cause of a high idle problem. How do you test a brake booster to see if it is working properly.:helpme:
Thanks Again for any insight
Jack

Take the hose out of the booster and put a wooden dowel in it to plug it off (a wooden spoon works well) and see if your high idle problem persists.
(Don't drive like this since uh.. you wont have good brakes.)

If it does, take that plugged off vacuum line out from the intake manifold and attach an air pump to it and put it under water. Compress air into it, and if you see any bubbles, you have a leak in the hose.

Back