• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intermittent Wiper Question?

odinvystrel

NAXJA Forum User
:confused: I have an 88 Cherokee that did not have intermittent wipers, I purchased the intermittent module and a wiper delay turn signal lever but I can't activate the wiper delay, it will only recognize mist, high, low and off. What else do I need to get the intermittent to work?

I called a local Jeep dealership parts department and got the answer I was looking for, I need a Wiper Switch w/ Intermittent and w/o Steering Tilt for Jeep Cherokee XJ 1984-96, part number 56000032. It sells for $149.00 through the dealership but I found that I can purchase it between $41.00 to $52.00 on the web. All total, the project cost me $87.00 for intermittent wipers, $25.00 for a new wiper delay turn siganl, $20.00 for a salvaged intermittent module and $42.00 for the switch.

I know everyone rags on the local dealers but I have a pretty good one by me. The parts guys knows a lot about Jeeps and doesn't hesitate to look stuff up, give me part numbers and even suggest other year substitutes. True, the prices are still outrageous and I usually end up buying online if I can wait.

Back