• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sagging rear

109ace

NAXJA Forum User
my rear is starting to sag right now ans i was wondering if i can add a lift shackle to it, 1in from tnt. i would rather not buy a new leaf pack, but if i have to i will. also, will this shackle cause my leaf to be too flat and how can i tell, if the leaf has lost too much lift for a shackle to work. it is a 3in lift

the rustys 3.5in rear springs, would that be a god choice for now, i want to keep it below 4in since i cant afford a sye and it is a late model xj

109ace said:
my rear is starting to sag right now ans i was wondering if i can add a lift shackle to it, 1in from tnt.

I had this trouble when i turned thirty. I have since picked up a yoga habit and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Any reputable brand of springs would be a good choice. I would recommend using a longer shackle and a new leafpack. If you want 3.5" of lift, use a 2" leaf pack and 1.5" lift shackles. This will improve articulation.

a 2 inch wont clear my tires, 3 just barely did. i havent trimmed the rear yet and i would rather not but the front is. i will look into the leaf+shackle option

Back