• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

unimog axles

depends on how your fab skills are.

Jus tell him to get rid of it they are of no use to you. BTW what junkyard will he be taking it to?

yes there is atleast 1 or two done i would have to check my bookmarks i know i have pictures of a sweeeet xj on mogs and i think 37s. Search and yee shall find your aswers. Yes it can be done. How easy i do not know

The owner of it is very redneck, no offense, and he just wants to get rid of it. He has a bunch of other trucks in his yard. There is one in the next town for about $10000.

Look at XJDB.com and near the end of the XJ pages there is a XJ on unimogs. We are getting some axles in around $2500 for the pair with the pinion conversions. Unimogs are not expensive, look on ebay you can find them in good shape for around $6000. You can get them from Germany for about $1000-$2000 ex military, shipping is around $2000. I say get them, what better axles do you need. Actualy just get the unimog and put the 4.0 in it, thats my dream.

BlackJax said:
They run $9K each for mercedes unimog 404 axles and that's complete. That was the lowest price I've found anywhere (unless you want rusted out mogs).

you can buy complete running 404's for less than that on ebay.

Mog axles are cool and all and plenty tough, but volvo portals are the bomb and streetable. but for the amount of money you would spend on the mog axles(brackery, disc conversion, mog lockers aren't exactly cheap either) i'd look at doing some custom ones using toyota center sections and hummer boxes.

Back