• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

auxiliary fuse box

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
..Looking for electrical suggestions/comments on an aftermarket fuse box that I just purchased-Wireing in a auxiliary fuse box that I got second-hand without instructions-It is a seven-circuit(7) Painless product and was thinking of installing it next to the original stock fuse box on the driver's side-I want to power the auxiliary fuse box wire only on the run side of the ignition switch-Just which and what color wire do I patch into on the run side of the stock ignition switch or stock fuse box with the new power wire from the seven-circuit(7) Painless fuse box which has three circuits always Hot and four circuits hot only on run-Also there is another wire on the aftermarket Painless fuse box which needs to be ran somewhere,..Do I assume this wire needs to be grounded to the stock fuse box or frame,..or..?-TIA

I suggest using a key on hot source from the existing fuse box to a relay to supply power to your key on hot circuits on the new fuse block. You can run a heavy gauge wire from the battery to the new fuse block for your always hot circuits, and to the relay for your KOH circuits. Make sure there is a fuse (or a self resetting circuit breaker) of sufficient capacity for all the new circuits between the battery and the new fuse block. The extra wire you speak of, if it is black or green it COULD be a ground.

I installed mine on the driver side inner fender.

All the wires are labeled. Pink goes to the fuse box to a fuse that is hot only when the key is on. The red goes to the breaker then to the "+" battery side. The block is self grounding.

To find a hot only when the key is on fuse. Ground a test light touch one side of the light to the fuse with the key off. If it lights it's constant hot. If it dosen't light turn the key. If it lights then it's hot with the key on. tap into it with the supplied fuse tap. The relay only draws 3 amps.

You could go to Painless wireing's site and download the instructions.

Back