• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where can i find coil springs over 9" of lift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpackwalker15

NAXJA Forum User
I want to go over 9 inches and I've been told that there are some companys that make 10" coil springs. I havent been able to locate any at this time, so if anyone knows of anywhere or maybe i could do a 9" coil with a coil spring spacer? If anyone has any ideas id be very gracious for them. Thank You, Steven

Deaver will wind you a spring for any height and any spring rate you specify.

I say do what you want to do and if you want 9" of lift then go ahead with it, just make sure you know what you have to do before you go buy just springs and expect to slap em' in. I got the rustys 8.5-9" coils with a couple of stock coil isolators ( little rubber round pieces that are on top of your coils) and i have the rustys 6.5" leaf springs with 1.5" springs perches.. all of this seems to work well and yes even though all NAXJA hates it more than anything.. i run stock axles for now.. it feels fine with the swaybar hooked up and drives perfectly fine with no tippyness or excessive body roll.. but i am at around 10" of lift with 35's and its pretty much 100% daily driver because my t-case is fawked :)

Wolfpackwalker15 said:
Who is Deaver, and how much will that run me shipped? Cause I can get the Rustys 9" for $149 plus shipping and then run there adjustable coil spring spacer, it runs $200...

Deaver is a major manufacturer of leaf and coil springs, located in Southern California. They are a supporter and supplier to JeepSpeed.

Do you know what spring rate you want?

i got the rustys 8.5'' to 9'' too. they say 4cy gives u 9'' and 6cy gives u 8.5''. u can also try valley spring works, they make custom springs and i think cheaper then deaver.

Id prefer a semi-stiff spring rate, i noticed the spring on the Rustys was 180. Id assume thats somewhere in the middle. So the answer to your question is I dont know. If you have any suggestions im open to them. Steven

180 is very soft. IMHO, dangerously soft.

I run the SJ 8" spring at 240 lbs/in. It is the best spring I've ever run.

Well, Wolfpacker, I've taken the time to edit this whole thread because I could see that your delicate personality could not take any more constructive criticism.

I've left only the posts directly related to spring selection. I suggest you follow up on the leads that have been given you, grow a thicker skin, and send in your membership money now so you can pay for the last 20 minutes of my time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back