• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 window regulator question?

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My drivers side front window regulator went out, the cable has pulled from the regulator, the motor is still good. Very easy to get out, which was a nice surprise.

Can the regulator/cable be purchased with out the motor?

How much will a new regulator cost me at the dealer?

Thanks and yes I searched!

I took out the regulator, removed the cable and motor, replaced the track back in and reattached the glass. I then slide the glass all the way up and installed a heater hose size worm clamp around the track to hold the window up.

Took only 15 min.

This will keep me driving until the new reg/motor comes in on wednesday.

After being a Ford, Olds and Toyota tech for years, I love how easy these XJ's are to work on!

Read the above link - I just installed the part for my drivers window. Cost around $30.00 and around 2 hours time plus the time to remove and reinstall the regulator in the door. I used the hose clamp to keep the window up while I waited for the part to arrive. Ordered it on a Wednesday night and it was in the mailbox Saturday.

Back