• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 6160 AAL kit questions...

EvanH

NAXJA Forum User
So my buddy is getting a 91 XJ for 200 bucks on Wed. He is looking for a small budget boost to get around 2-2.5". The kit he has been looking at is the AAL from RE. I know a lot of people don't go for the AAL, but I was wondering if there was a difference from one company to another. Has anyone had experience with this or other small AAL kits? Now he is not gonna be taking it rock crawling or anything too bad, the occasional mud bog and weekend trail riding. Also, he wouldn't need to trim to fit 30's under there... right?

Thanks!

The RE ones give the height listed and I've have mine in for over a year no sag yet. Dakota or S-10 springs will do the trick as well with a little more trial and error. If you do use an AAL just make sure its full length they hold up a little better

krelja said:
The RE ones give the height listed and I've have mine in for over a year no sag yet. Dakota or S-10 springs will do the trick as well with a little more trial and error. If you do use an AAL just make sure its full length they hold up a little better

How hard do you wheel?

I actually bought the Rustys 3.5" AAL about 4 years ago and I got about 3" still. I know a lot of people hate his stuff but I have had some good luck I guess. Mine is a DD and I wheel in the Rocks and Mudd. Not as much as I use to though.

Back