• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THOR4x4 quarter guards

Cruzin Illusion

NAXJA Forum User
After the little mishap in Moab on Metal Masher when my brothers rig slide into the rock and smashed his tail light a cracked his fender flare he want to purchase some steel boxed tail lights like I was running. We searched and could only find one company that carried them fullsizexj.com but neither one fo use really liked the looks. While looking for a desent quarter guard for my tube fender build I came accross THOR4x4 quarter guards with built in tail lights. I was doing some searching when I came across a picture of their old style with three round tail lights instead of the one oval and one round. I ended up showing them to Tim and he like the older style and thought this would be a great to install on his jeep rather than just the tail lights. After some asking around I got the number of the owner of THOR4x4 and gave him a call asking if he could have two sets of the old style made for me. There was no problems and soon they were at my door. The quality of the quarter guards was some of the highest I have seen. I will recommend THOR4x4 quarter guards to anyone in the market for quarter guards or tail lights. On Terry's suggestion I went down to the Lighthouse in Commerce City to find LED lights for the taillights. If you are looking for anytype of truck or safety light they can get them. We decided we wanted ours to be different so we purchased lights that are clear when off but have red LED's when the park, brake, or turn signal lights are on. Here are some pictures of last nights install:

100_3754.jpg

100_3755.jpg

100_3757.jpg

100_3758.jpg

100_3759.jpg

If you notice there is a backing plate to seal off the openings where the wires would go on a stock tail light.
100_3760.jpg

100_3762.jpg

100_3763.jpg

100_3765.jpg

100_3768.jpg

100_3771.jpg

100_3772.jpg

100_3774.jpg

100_3775.jpg

A company called Rusty's Offroad out of Alabama makes them, too. Those look really good though. Nice pics and very nice jeep.

Looks good, and thanks for sharing the pics. I know you said you were disappointed with the quality of the Slickrocks. Any further thoughts on the two choices.

Russ

pottenger said:
Looks good, and thanks for sharing the pics. I know you said you were disappointed with the quality of the Slickrocks. Any further thoughts on the two choices.

Russ

I would recommend THOR4x4 quarter guards to anyone that is looking to by a set. I would also purchase them again for anyone that would want me to install a set for them or for myself. IMO I personaly would not purchase slickrocks again because of the quality and the way they fit, but that is my opinion.

Mosephus said:
Do you still have their contact info?

Contact T&A-XJ on here and he can set you up. He is part owner of THOR4x4. Or you can contact Avanteone he is the only dealer for THOR4x4

Those guards look great. What did you use to fasten them?

did you use those on your rig ? the peices with the metal flares? Your rig is awesome BTW

edit. i read that u used slick rocks

XpedientJ said:
Does The Lighthouse have a website..?? Didn't find anything...

Thanks.

I don't think so. It is a local place that carrys truck lighting and safety lighting.

RyanM said:
did you use those on your rig ? the peices with the metal flares? Your rig is awesome BTW

edit. i read that u used slick rocks

I used THOR4x4 quarter as a start for the rears. I had to fabricate and add the a piece to the front of the quarter guard that followed the shape of the area in front of the rear wheel wells.

fubar XJ said:
Those guards look great. What did you use to fasten them?

They come with 1/4 - 20 countersunk allen head bolts, large fender washers, and nylon lock nuts.

lighthouse is a lighting distributing company, you usuallyt have to go thru a company that sells thier products. i (my napa store) am a dealer for them but all we have is paper catalogs i dont know if they have a website or not. if you want to see what there is in the way of custom lighting head into your local napa and ask to see the napa lighting catalog. another alternative, usually a little cheaper, price and quality wise, is grote. www.grote.com they deal specifically in DOT approved lighting related products, mostly for semi trucks and service vehicles. they also have an extensive line of LEDs.

hth
-mike

XpedientJ said:
Does The Lighthouse have a website..?? Didn't find anything...

Thanks.

I went and found the receipt for the lights and they do have a website it is:
www.thelighthouseinc.com

Hope that helps

I've had my THOR guards for a couple years and they have been fantastic. In Moab this year I landed on them a couple times and all that happened was a scrape of the paint.

Another place to get good deals on lights is Flora Wreckers. They sell stuff for the towing industry and have a webiste that sells to consumers. The prices are good and they take PayPal. Find the here: http://www.florawrecker.com/

Back