• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeaking Brake Pads

shaddady34

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed new rotors and pads. First week of driving i had squeak noised from pads. I put anti-brake squeal lubricant on back side of pads and the noise went away for another week. Then of course the squeaks came back. I am guessing that the friction was so great that the lubricant is wearing away.

Whats the best product called that i can use to put on brake pads to stop squealing. I bought the packets in front of the register at advanced and those are worthless. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

Forget the useless one time use garbage stuff.Get 3M copper brake lube and antisieze if you can.If not get some hi temp antisieze and make sure that you also lube any points that the pad comes in contact with the brakets and anti-rattle clips if applicable.This means not just the pads where they contact the piston, also on the other side of the caliper across from the piston,and on the ends of the pads where they go onto the slides.I work on cars at a dealership and have no brake noise comebacks by doing what I just descibed.Oh yeah and DO NOT FORGET to wash the rotors very well IF they were resurfaced.If they are new wash them as well.if it is not washed after cutting them the metal left over from the machining procces WILL be imbeded in the pad material and will squeel forever,new pads will be needed.

First, What Marka said x2. Next, what kind of pads did you buy? Cheap pads tend to squeal more.

Does it squeal more on easy braking and go away under harder or more under hard braking.

Back