• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much play in leaf spring bushings?

Markos

NAXJA Forum User
All:

I installed amix-ada 'oem' bushings in my OME springs. There was a suprising amount of play in the new bushings. Basically, the metal sleeve that the bolt goes through appears to be to big for the bolt. Overall, the bushings were a really bad fit. I had a shop attempt to press them in, and they said that they've never had so much trouble. I was starting to think that they were the wrong ones for my vehicle. I also had to grind down the end of the rear bushing sleeve so it would fit in the shackle.

So anyway, I'm wondering if the excessive play will cause problems or noises when I drive. I need to install my wheels and torque everything to spec (that's why I'm inside right now).

I took video of the excessive play. I may post it. I recorded it so I could show the online vendor who sold them to me...

Back