• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys Coils, Bastard Pack + shackle

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
Still piecing my shit together, have my 1/2T chevy leafs sitting on the floor (copying goatman = he got the sik flex)

My overall goal is 3" of lift, my stock springs are beyond fawked ~ they are more like W's

So I am planning to order 3" coils from Rusty and getting the rear to match the front.
Do his 3" coils sit higher then 3"? Are they measured like RE which are really a 4" coil that settle to 3.5"

Hoping for the flattest spring pack possible in the rear and want to add a 1" lift shackle in the rear for a bit of rake angle to improve my towing squat. It looked like the front wheels were going to come off the ground on Wednesday.

Is the extended shackle going to fubar my plans? I read a bunch of posts how the stock shackle does not flex worth crap, so I started thinking about a longer one... to improve ride and flex. As well has keeping my jeep sitting somewhat "level" while towing my atv trailer.

It's the shackle angle that limits flex & makes for a harsh ride. it is almost vetical, so when your leaves compress it can't really "go" backwards much to allow the leaves to compress all the way. A longer rear shackle will help combat the rear pinion angle due to the lift also though.

I think all coils are longer than advertised to make up for front bumpers/winches that most people who lift their XJs also add for recovery.

Back