• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi quality balljoints ?

mr_W

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, what brand balljoints do you use with bigger wheels/tires, esp with less backspacing ? I had OEM remanufactured (obviously somebody did a bad job) and they held for one year with 31s. Now when I'm on 33s, I need something that will last longer..

So I need brands, partnumbers, or anything like that which would help.

Thanks

Kingpins. :D

Seriously, when my XJ was a DD I used Crown ball joints, like IntrepidXJ said they're cheap so I could afford to replace them when needed.

Last edited:
mr_W said:
Huh, so it seems that only solution is to replace them at regular intervals. No such thing as HD balljoints ?

Yup, there are HD units. Yet they arn't cheap and don't seem to last much longer on a wheeled rig... making them IMO not worth it.

I just checked on rockauto.com (cause they are shipping overseas):

Spicer 5001058 and 5001058B where 'B' part is $8.55 and the other is $34.89.
I guess I should go with more expensive part.

Moog has only one part number listed at $37.79.

Just wondering is the OEM unit quality more like cheaper or expensive Spicer part ?

mr_W said:
Just wondering is the OEM unit quality more like cheaper or expensive Spicer part ?

Not sure what you were trying to ask here...

RCman said:
... I used Crown ball joints...
Crown Dana 30 Ball Joint Kit #83500202

Don't use any Spicer "Service Grade" parts from RockAuto. They're only meant to last long enough to sell a vehicle or to get it to pass inspection. At least that's what I was told AFTER I bought a Spicer Red, Service-grade track bar. My fault for not asking BEFORE I bought it, though.

Back