• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seeling the XJ too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
Why have a lifted XJ with stock wheels??

I need a less gas consuming heep anyway.

STATS:

93 XJ 240K miles, 4.0, Good compression and oil pressures, uses no oil. new wires, coil and distributor. New Aluminum aftermarket RED valve cover, no leaks. AW4, 231 TC and Advance Adapters SYE, stock front DS in rear (fits very well) RE 4.5 Superflex lift. NO death wobble or bump steer. Measures out at 5.5+ even after settling, Rusty's air tube and K&N filter, I have run Mobil 1 since day 1 with K&N gold filter. B&M Trans cooler, No cooling issues, Rad replaced last year. Royal Purple MaxATF tranny fluid. Mobil 1 gear lube as well. Rusty's bombproof motor mounts on driver side, have the second in the box. More below picture.

bumper.gif

OME shocks all around. Rocky Road upper shock mounts welded up in rear. D30 front, 3.55 gears, Upgrade axles to 297X u-joints. Uses 99+ TJ rotors. Rusty's HD tie rod, 27 spline 8.25 rear, 3.55 gears. JCR Offroad Stage 3 front bumper with Hoop, powdercoated (unless it sells) Performance Metalworks Side armor, all around. Fenders trimmed and fits 33's and could handle 35's no problem. 4 Rockcrawler 51's and 4 BFG MT's 33X12.5X15. Not new but lots of road and wheeling left in them. Axle shimmed correctly and no DS vibes. No front DS but have a Hatton rear CV DS that needs a new CV ball and taken to a shop to unseeze the slip splines. 32.5 inches compressed. Tomken Gas Tank Skid.

GREAT POINT for it's age.
Last Summer I replaced the entire floor, POR-15'd and 3M undercoated. New cabin carpet and DYNAMAT to rear seat. New welded Dynaflow Cat back and Dynaflow stainless heat cover for muffler. Runs very very well. AW4 in great shape, AC Runs cold. JVC disk player/radio

The bad points, front fenders have damage as well as the fiberglass header panel. rear C8.25 has a Lincoln Locker. Only a driver side rear view mirror. Only the spider's are damaged/welded and R&P in great shape. Carrier could be reused as the Lincoln only has the spiders welded at the teeth. Small round crack in windshield out of driver field of view. Front doors window weatherstripping leaks when going through the car wash. Needs a new Oil Pan gasket. Rear main was just replaced and I know it's just the gasket. Has the rubber one from NAPA now. Leaks mostly up front by the balancer.

Let me know ASAP. I'd like about $12,000 for it as that's about what I feel I've spent but $2,000 OBO drives it away. Buy the Jeep cash before this weekend and I'll toss in the D44 housing and axles I'm also selling for free!!! Remember, you get what you see here minus the AJ's rails and the CB, rear bumper for $2K OBO. I could be persuaded to cancel the deal on the rear bumper I have pending if you buy the entire rig by Friday AM.

Call me at 630-776-5885 or PM or email [email protected]

Thanks guys.

Hopefully I'll be returing to the wheeling ranks as soon as possible but it'll be most likely in a Wrangler. I know...

Last edited:
Rather NOT kill the deal on the rear bumper though... I don't like to screw someone like that!

Couldn't edit it out. Time limit.

83 peeks and NO TAKERS. If I had the time and a place, you could almost part it out for more than $2000. Engine is solid, tranny is solid, TC is solid suspension is RE and solid. Wheels, tires, interior, glass, axles, except for the rear carrier spiders are solid, exhaust, brakes are solid. NEW FLOOR PANS... CLEAR CLEAN TITLE. THIS PUPPY CAN WHEEL TOMORROW.

I know, I forgot to say it has LeBaron hood vents.... NOW IT WILL SELL QUICK!! :spin1:

Last edited:
Everything is either sold, or spoken for. 2 bidders on the entire rig actually. If the first falls through, I know the second is solid.

Pulling the rails now and have to make the runs to the Pack N Ship to get other things out to the buyers so I won't be checking in much today.

Thanks to everyone for helping me resolve some "issues."

Now I only hope the mint looking 93 Toyota Tercel I was looking at for $1500 is still available.

IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF THE GOVERNATOR... "I'll be back"

http://www.robpettey.com/xjpics

First bidder backed out. Second still pending. Here is a link with more current pics of the rig with the rear bumper removed and the rails removed. It has pics from all angles including interior and the engine.

AS A BONUS... I am throwing the following into the deal to sweeten it:

The ready to build, cleaned, sandblasted, Dana 44 XJ housing, cover and axles, a rear speaker bar for an XJ in great shape, the Haynes, Chiltons AND the Factory Service Manuals for a 93. Numerous extra bolts, parts, brackets, steering shaft, motor mount, all for this XJ. The custom rear DS that needs a CV ball kit ($27) and a DS shop to unseaze the slip spline will be included as well. It is ready to wheel or be a daily driver today!

CHECK OUT THE PICS!!! Motor looks wet because it's pouring here right now.

$2000 cash for everything listed.

http://www.robpettey.com/xjpics

Last edited:
See you tommorow. If my brother gets this, that meens there wil be 5 XJs in the driveway. :laugh: I think we are addicted...

Hope all of your problems come out in the wash Rob. We've all been through tight times. Best of luck to you. Don't make yourself a stranger just cause the XJ is gone!

Hale

Well... sniff sniff... It's official. I am XJ-less :bawl:

Ben's (bigbadwolf54) little brother Steve just bought it and got the D44, parts up the wazoo even screw and bolts.

I am offically completely devoid of XJ parts.

However, wheeling is wheeling... what do you guys think of this rig, outside of the fact it's a ricer?? (25mpg city / 30mpg highway!!!!) $1,500, new 22R engine 28K ago. No through rust, only surface. You think they'd wash the damn thing to try to sell it though!!

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=391934&ppid=1122ℑ=50186477&images=50186477,50186309,50186384,50186524,50186597,50186634,50186740,50186696&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

SHOULD I... OR NOT??

Do I have to send in my membership card now??? :bawl:

It would be sweet with a cool bed and a SAS done to it.

Bought the ricer. Should serve me well. rebuilt engine. 5 speed, 22R carburated engine, no major dents, frame in good shape, new clutch, new slave cylinder, can't tell the wheel type (anyone??) Kumho muds. With this I can have DD tires as well as wheeling tires. Makes it easy when you can "toss em in the back."

ricer.jpg

Thanks to everyone this weekend in buying all my stuff. Buyers should get all their tracking numbers on Tuesday as UPS and FedEx don't operate on the holiday. I haven't gotten them yet either.

It looks nasty because the kid (17) didn't even bother to wash it or even clean the motor. The bed liner has leaves underneath it yet. At least I saw a diamond in the rough. Hard to beat the price too.

See you on the trails... I hope.

Rob Pettey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back