• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Herculiner on rockers

ThE HiV

NAXJA Forum User
Im thinking about herculining the rockers, and everything below the trim on my 93 sport. just covering up some mild rust. However, i have heard that herc gets really dirty and covered with mud. Im thinking maybe I will herc the jeep, then spray over that with some rattle can paint. will paint stick to herc, or has anyone ever done this.

thanks

herculiner does get midly dirty, but a wet sponge should get it right off

i have never tried to rattle can over it but, im assuming it should be okay, because of the rough surface that the paint has to adhere to.

if ur going for a certain color, i believe Duplicolor, or a similar product, has different color paint on bedliners

brendan

i wouldnt do it right away, i would let it get dirty and then when it is too dirty, herculiner makes touch up, or you could just hit it with black spray paint

the jeep is black, and I will be using black herc. Im thinking if i rattle can a few coats of some black gloss spray paint over the herc after its all cured it should stick. just like another coat of paint. maybe this will work. I'll give it a try and see what happens. if any one else has tried let me know

I have not used Herc yet but most of these types of products will tell you if they are paintable or not.

I have used rubber undercoating in the past and just touched it up when it needs to be done. I will be useing Herc here in the near future just to compare how it holds up in comparison.

Michael

I herc'd my rockers (that sounds kind of bad), and they faded pretty fast (within about a year) to a very dull gray/black and they seemed to get somewhat stained by the red clay and iron ore dust that we have up here. This spring I hit them with some semi-gloss black and everything is much easier to clean and it looks a lot better.

www.rattleguard.com is good stuff, it does need to be sprayed on though. About $80 a truck beds worth.

Back