• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bolt in rollcage.......searched to no avail

Motorvated

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys....I dont do much rock crawlking or anything like that. I play in the woods and on fire roads, a lot of pine barrens wheeling. I want a cage that will protect me if I flop it. I doubt I'll roll it hard, but you never know what could happen on the trail! I dont really want a weld in kit, more somethnig bolt in. All ive been able to find is the ROCKHARD setup. Any others out there? Also, with the dash bars, does that affect that airbags AT ALL? Ide like the dash bar, but dont want something that gets in the way of factory saftey parts.:greensmok

I think Quadratec sells a boltin cage kit....

I know you said bolt in but for minimal welding you can get a D&C Cage that will offer a LOT more protection than a bolt in. Worth taking a look at least: http://www.dandcextreme.com/

Otherwise I'd say best think you'll find is going to be more of just a reinforced B-pillar hoop.

Have you tried talking to any local 4x4 shops that do that sort of work?

I looked for a bolt-in for a while too, but found that it was cheaper to have them make it and weld it in for me.

If you're willing to travel to Maryland to get it done I can recommend you my shop.

I was thinking about the d&c cage, how does it mount to the floor?
bolted to floor ?
welded to floor?
would it be strong enough mounted to the floor ?

mgt said:
I was thinking about the d&c cage, how does it mount to the floor?
bolted to floor ?
welded to floor?
would it be strong enough mounted to the floor ?

I believe the D&C cages are supllied with 6 feet/plates. Welding them in would be the best option, but im sure you could also bolt them in if you wanted to.

I was looking at Santa's rig last night. His are welded in.

Back