• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lights for rear quarter panel armor

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having a set of upper rear quarter panel armor made, and have found a few lights that I like, but wanted to see what else everyone is using.

I've found the 4" oval stop/turn/tail lights in this thread, but I haven't found the backup lights anywhere. I also wouldn't mind getting 3" round stop/tail/turn lights, and 3" backup lights either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Saw some in my local large truck parts place yesterday that are all leds and they look trick. Made by a company with a name like Goetze or something similar. They are round and oval and several other shapes. The counter guy said they were nearly indestructable. He don't know Jeepers though.

Yeah it is Goetze. Huge variety of shapes, sizes, colors and brightnesses. We use them all the time on our Kenworths. And all our other trucks too. They are pretty simple and rugged, fairly inexpensive if you take a rock to one on the highway. I don't know how tough the L.E.D.'s are though. I imagine they would be tougher too, seeing as how there is no filament in a vacum... but we don't use L.E.D.s on our trucks. Ever. They don't melt the snow off the lights.

Btw, most of our driving is on ice, mud or occasionally gravel. Not nearly as much highway as a tractor-trailer unit. All of ours are Bodyjobs.

To sum up: Yes, the name is Goetze and ya they work good. Tough too.

Cool, I'll look into them. So far I've only come across Peterson's, Optronics, Trucklite, and Bargman, but they don't have exactly what I'm looking for.

Well that makes a whole hell of a lot more sense! When I searched Goetze I found an Indian company that makes pistons.

Back