• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sputtering Question.....

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
My gf has gotten hooked on buing herself a jeep and lifting it. We found an 88 with 107,000 miles on it!!!!! no visible rust and the body is in good shape. Well my gf went to go start it up and it cranked for about 1.5 seconds and started and then died. Started it up again and it sputters and sounds horrible. The man said it just needed a tune up....but im not so sure. Also i got him to open the hood and the engine was in good shape but he had everything like jimmy rigged.....zip ties everywhere, holding things in place. he said " Yeah man, i put in a new fuel rail, and the o rings were leaking, so i took the wire and see that.... just put it right there and it stopped leakin" So im not sure if its worth the 2 grand hes asking for it and could prolly get it for 1500, so what do you guys think???

Back