• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle length!!!

fdsa487 said:
If the shackle on my Cherokee is 11" from center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole how much of a lift shackle is it? I can not find the answer for the life of me!
:smoker:

Well a stock shackle measures 3" from center to center on a cherokee. So that sounds like a 8" lift shackle??? But DAMN that seems tall as hell.
I also remember hearing that a lift shackle only gives half the advertised lift!!! I am no mechanic so I dont know. I just thought I would post the measurements of a stock shackle since I had it sitting right here.

Lata

A 11" shackle will give you 5.5" lift or so.. will also point you driveshaft to the sky, if not setup right and make you leafs sag alot if they are not longer need stock.

I have standard strait shackles right now I just want to get some boomarang ones. They have 1" and 1.5" lift ones at T&T. I don't want to make the Jeep any higher or lower than it is right now so I am trying to figure out the lift on there now.
I have 4.5" lift RE springs now that I have had on there for a few years
I also have 4.5" lift RE ZJ springs and a .25" spacer up front
Its a little tiny bit higher in the front than the back about .25" from the spacer.

fdsa487 said:
I have standard strait shackles right now I just want to get some boomarang ones. They have 1" and 1.5" lift ones at T&T. I don't want to make the Jeep any higher or lower than it is right now so I am trying to figure out the lift on there now.
I have 4.5" lift RE springs now that I have had on there for a few years
I also have 4.5" lift RE ZJ springs and a .25" spacer up front
Its a little tiny bit higher in the front than the back about .25" from the spacer.

Contact Dave O at DesertFab. "AJXJ" He just sent me some boomerange shackles that will not give me any lift but still allow the rear leaf to clear the rear support. I have not installed them yet, but I just got off the phone with him and he explained that it drops it just below the rear support and kicks it out a little. So I assume that it will lengthen the leaf to compensate for the drop to clear the rear support. I will post pics when I am done.

OKAY SO I LIED THE SHACKLES THAT I HAVE ON THE CHEROKEE NOW ARE 5" I measured on lunch.

So if for every 1" you get 1/2" of lift that would be 2.5" lift shackle.
That means that I cant use the T&T 1.5" boomarang shackle BECAUSE that would inturn lower the rear end of my jeep THAT SUCKS !!!

fdsa487 said:
OKAY SO I LIED THE SHACKLES THAT I HAVE ON THE CHEROKEE NOW ARE 5" I measured on lunch.

So if for every 1" you get 1/2" of lift that would be 2.5" lift shackle.
That means that I cant use the T&T 1.5" boomarang shackle BECAUSE that would inturn lower the rear end of my jeep THAT SUCKS !!!

but you forgot to subtract the stock shackle length, which is 3". so the shackle actually is only a 1" lift over a stock shackle.

Back