• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wj arms, 3" coils?

They are the same length as a stock XJ. You just need to shim them to make the caster correct which I show as well.

terryd said:
good tech on that page man!!! thanks a lot. where did you buy your shims from???
I just make them from what ever I have laying around in the right thickness. Anything from steel, alloy or plastic.

cool! i'm thinking about leaving the long bushing alone in the wj arms, and putting a RE superflex joint in the axle end. help keep the road noise out and make it more flexy..... what do you think?

It will be other things other than the rubber bushes that will stop the flex well before so think it is a waste of time.
Things like TRE's, Trackbar, Spring bucket binding on the top of the arms etc.

Like I think Gojeep was eluding to, the WJ arms severely limit droop on anything 3" and up. To gain some drop back you can trim the lower shock mount. When I went to 4 1/2" I had just about zero droop with the WJ arms and untrimmed lower shock mounts. I ended up going to a tubular arm.

Back