• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about OME coils

88XjLaredo

NAXJA Forum User
The 3" OME lift is sitting in the garage and is being put on Monday. I've been laying all the parts out and getting everything ready today. I noticed that the coils are labeled A and B. Does this mean they are suppose to go on certain sides? I'm guessing A for the driver's side and B for the passenger's? Please help as I don't want a tilting XJ....

Mine were not labeled and either I got lucky or they are the same. The Jeep sits level.

backbone8nv8.jpg

My OME coils werent labeled either ,,,,,,hmmm ? what kind shocks did you get with those if ya dont mind me asking, the ones they sent me were the --wrong --ones . Thats if you have OME shocks of course

The shocks are supposed to be N35L and N36L These are the extended length shocks for a 3 to 5 inch lift. You will find it on the ARB website.
There is a screw up in the dealers catalog , well not really , that makes them send you the N36C shocks and the N35 shocks that are for a 2 inch lift.
Better check the numbers as they will only be 1.75 inches longer than factory if they are not the L series shocks.
I am still going through this hassle with Rocky Road Outfitters and also about the springs not coming with bushings.

Rocky Road can bite me, Take the money and run is what they do .
Call ARB in Seattle for assistance,ask for Buddy or Steve.
Phone number 425-264-1391
Good Luck

In the past my springs were labelled DS and PS. So yes, the A and B do have a significance. Hopefully someone from a more recent installation will know for sure which goes where. Otherwise as pointed out, contact ARB directly on Monday and find out for sure.

Low Range said:
The shocks are supposed to be N35L and N36L These are the extended length shocks for a 3 to 5 inch lift. You will find it on the ARB website.
There is a screw up in the dealers catalog , well not really , that makes them send you the N36C shocks and the N35 shocks that are for a 2 inch lift.
Better check the numbers as they will only be 1.75 inches longer than factory if they are not the L series shocks.
I am still going through this hassle with Rocky Road Outfitters and also about the springs not coming with bushings.

Rocky Road can bite me, Take the money and run is what they do .
Call ARB in Seattle for assistance,ask for Buddy or Steve.
Phone number 425-264-1391
Good Luck

One word of caution on the Long Travel shocks. If you have a 3" lift and are planning on using JKS BPE's along with OME LT shocks, you won't be left with much for up-travel. I found that out a few years back when I had about ~3.5" lift in front. I only had roughly 3" - 4" of up-travel before the shocks bottomed out (can't remember exactly) and had to set my bump stops to engage prior to them bottoming out. I had originally planned to buy JKS ACOS 6 months later to better balance my suspension height from front to rear, but this caused me to accelerate the purchase.

I'm running a mixed bag of lift, or a OME Hybrid. I have the OME MD fronts with ACOS and the extended length Nitrochargers. The rear is the OME DAKAR HD springs with TeraFlex shackles and extended length Nitrochargers.

Here is how it sets

backbone7qw4.jpg

backbone9ob5.jpg

Getting ready to go test and measure mine today in the woods. ,Hay anyone out there know of the company that makes the bumpstop plates that are 1/2 inch thick for the rear u bolt plates ?
I seen em somewhere but now i cant find them , i know i could just make them but i am too lazy at the moment. Thanks

Low Range said:
Getting ready to go test and measure mine today in the woods. ,Hay anyone out there know of the company that makes the bumpstop plates that are 1/2 inch thick for the rear u bolt plates ?
I seen em somewhere but now i cant find them , i know i could just make them but i am too lazy at the moment. Thanks
I think either DPG or Detours, I've seen them on one or the other site.

EDIT, they are on DPG's site.

xjtrailrider said:
I'm running a mixed bag of lift, or a OME Hybrid. I have the OME MD fronts with ACOS and the extended length Nitrochargers. The rear is the OME DAKAR HD springs with TeraFlex shackles and extended length Nitrochargers.

Are the front's the 934's (ZJ coils)?

Also, is that Detoursusa winch plate?

Looks sharp.

Mike

you are right, A is driver B is passenger. A is SLIGHTLY taller, not sure on the reasons. But that is how my 930 coils are set up.

Back