• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat Belt Problem...urgent

southernxj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
hows everyone doin today....so right now i'm stripping the interior out for cleaning and hiding wires... i took off the front drivers side seat belt to make way for a switch i needed to mount... when i went to put the seat belt back on the reel was locked and now i cant loosen the seat belt to put back on... if anyone has any ideas experience or whatever please post

Try to get to the gears that control the seat belt and spray it with some PB, that might free things up a little. If you can see what the problem is when you get to the gears, try to fix it!

seat belts will lock when they are tilted, or you (vehicle) move off kilter quickly, like when you slow down quickly and try too pull forward they lock up. Try putting it upright (at its original angle) then trying to pull the belt out.
there's a little bell like object (pendulum) in the gearing of them that swings with the vehicle. if it swings quickly it will lock the gears, so you don't fly forward when coming to a quick stop. If that pendulum is not in the right position than the belt won't move. So just try different positions to see if it will unlock.
Hopefully that helps

Last edited:
Back