• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Arctic Soaker

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,

Its been 2 weeks since I sank my XJ while attempting a water crossing. Yesterday I decided to remove the carpet and see what I am in for.

The carpet came out nicely and I could not believe that after vaccuming it up 4 times and letting it air out there was still a large lake inside when I removed it off the floor, as I was taking it out the driver's side, all the water poured out on me and into my shoes lol.

Anyways there is no rust just alot of mud on the drivers side (I dont know how it could leak under the carpet while the rest of the floor is pretty decent and clean?)

Now here comes the questions that I have, I am not mechanically inclined too much but I am willing to give it some effort. I do have some questions though now that I am at this stage. Should I line the floor myself? or should I pay for it to be done? How much lining should I do, what parts of the floor should I cover and what parts shoud I leave alone? The back hatch area, should I do this part as well, or just the area where my and my passengers wet feet will be? I do not mind a bit of sound insulation. What can you guys tell me that has not been coverd here? or tips that will help me? I did a search but did not find some answers to my questions!

Here are some pics of my interior of what it looks like now, let me know what you think!

http://rides.webshots.com/album/559103762ARQbWa

Thanks again!

Jeff

Back