• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

old man emu suspension system???

I have one from DPG (includes JKS quicker swaybar discos). The ride is better than stock on the street; I'm still getting my new gears in, so I can't comment on offroad yet. Fits 31" BFG A/Ts with just a little shimming of the steering stops.

I didn't buy the OME as a kit, I compiled what I needed to make it work for what I wanted it to.

Here is what I have; OME heavy constant load rear springs(the new style) and TeraFlex 1.5 shackles and Nitrocharger ext. shocks, OME med duty fronts with ACOS and Nitrocharger ext. shocks,(this gives me 4.5" lift front and rear)Currie lower adj. LCA's and Currie adj. Tacbar. I also have the Currie chassis stiffeners welded in.

I use the Jeep for DD and I tow with it almost everyday. I get to the trails about once a month and it does great although I don't go as hard as you younger guys do. It rides and handles better than stock. I can fit 31" with no trimming or steering adjustment, but I am running 30" right now just for the lower effective gear ratio for towing. My Jeep is geared 4.10 with Detroit Tru-Trac in the rear and Yukon alloys front and rear.

jeepboatfrontal6wl.jpg

I've been in several OME's, XJ's, YJ's, TJ's and the combination of their shocks and springs makes for a very nice ride even on washboard roads. Been in a few where they have been mixed and matched in an attempt to save a few bucks or spend more by modifying it. I'm doing my TJ and it's getting OME plus adjustable front and rear trackbars and rear shock relocators. If however I do get a windfall somewhere then I'll be doing a OME on my 98, I plan on keeping it for a very long time, so far this year I've spent $3k on a jasper engine, clutch and am about to spend the money on a new evaporator next week, hindsight tells me I should have found a nice used 99 from someone caught in the gas crunch and picked one of those up instead..

I have the OME 2" full leaf pack and front springs and all I can say is WOW. I also have stock height Edelbrock IAS shocks, there good. I tow a 3000 LB boat and the truck squats less than a 1".:yelclap:

I searched around for the OME stuff, I called Dirk at dpgoffroad.com you'll be very happy you called them. :worship:

Best prices by far and the people on the phone are frieking the best, I called before I ordered and spoke to the guy for 35min. He just shot the shit, he had an XJ also, they sell the leaf pack for $5 cheaper than anywhere else. :clap:

They were so good, prices very competitive, so I dont waste my time looking around anymore. If I need something I just call Dirk.

raypla said:
They were so good, prices very competitive, so I dont waste my time looking around anymore. If I need something I just call Dirk.

Thats OK but the shipping is the killer on those leaf packs so it's a matter of balance, save sales tax, pay shipping, save shipping pay tax, sometimes you really have to shop around. Got a place by me that will match prices within reason, got my warn bumpers for the wranglers for $200 + $12 tax ea but next lowest price was $212 + $18 shipping ea and no tax. He's usually got it the next day as long as it's in Keystones warehouse.

I have the three inch heavy rate OME springs and shocks (Including the steering damper) complimented by RE shackles, spacers, and Superflex upper n lower CAs. Ive had them on ThumperXJ (93) For a couple of years now, and I can say this set up is WELL worth the price paid! AMAZING ride/flex on or off the road, and taking rough washboard/rutted/dippy roads at speeds that most would only think of going on the street just never gets old. :D

RichP said:
Thats OK but the shipping is the killer on those leaf packs so it's a matter of balance, save sales tax, pay shipping, save shipping pay tax, sometimes you really have to shop around. Got a place by me that will match prices within reason, got my warn bumpers for the wranglers for $200 + $12 tax ea but next lowest price was $212 + $18 shipping ea and no tax. He's usually got it the next day as long as it's in Keystones warehouse.

Yea thats awsome, I would love to have a place within an hour. But by time I spend the money for gas or shiping its really a wash.

On a side note I had about 1K lbs of newspapers in the back today and the truck didn't have any noticeable squat at all

Last edited:
Back