• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wierd disc/ebrake problem on 8.8

little red cheroke

NAXJA Forum User
ford 8.8 w/ 4.10s/lsd/disc brakes

im finishing my jeep up from an axle swap (8.8/HP30) and ive been having problems with the 8.8 ebrake shoes. the discs never quite fit on the shoes and they still dont, put em on with a hammer.....well the passenger side is fine but i put the jeep in gear with the tires off (front ds disconected and front wheels chocked off front and back) and the disc on the driver side wanted to come off. what ever part was in the caliper wanted to stay cuz the caliper held it but w/e part of the disc that wasnt in the caliper wanted to pry off.

any suggestions?

little red cheroke said:
ford 8.8 w/ 4.10s/lsd/disc brakes

im finishing my jeep up from an axle swap (8.8/HP30) and ive been having problems with the 8.8 ebrake shoes. the discs never quite fit on the shoes and they still dont, put em on with a hammer.....well the passenger side is fine but i put the jeep in gear with the tires off (front ds disconected and front wheels chocked off front and back) and the disc on the driver side wanted to come off. what ever part was in the caliper wanted to stay cuz the caliper held it but w/e part of the disc that wasnt in the caliper wanted to pry off.

any suggestions?

Put your wheels on. Seriously.

The rotors in that type of setup are just like the front of your XJ. They're held on by the lugnuts and the interface between the wheel, the rotor and the hub flange.

What on earth would possess you to drive that axle with the wheels off in the air in the first place?

RedHeep said:
Put your wheels on. Seriously.

The rotors in that type of setup are just like the front of your XJ. They're held on by the lugnuts and the interface between the wheel, the rotor and the hub flange.

What on earth would possess you to drive that axle with the wheels off in the air in the first place?

wasnt ready to roll and i needed to make sure there was enough fluid in the trans...sorry

Back