• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Convert to grand wagoneer front.

MJ88SB

NAXJA Forum User
Hello :NAXJA: nation !!

I'm going thru different pic a part places looking for an AX-15 T.C. combo upgrade.

When i came upon a XJ wagoneer 4 headlamp set up.
how many parts from it do I need to take from it to convert my regular front to that?

Just the grille and light set up . or more?

I bet someone has done this already......:spin1:

Keep trail ridin' ..... I'll catch up...

Ummm they look like Dodge Mini vans (wagoneers). I dont know tho. You might have to swap radiator supports and put in the head light buckets. Should be fairly easy. Hell import tweakers put the frontends from integras on civics.......... anything can be done

and NO you cant have the woodgrain, LOL

A grand wagoneer front end swap woudl be impressive, considering its so much wider

IslanderOffRoad said:
A grand wagoneer front end swap woudl be impressive, considering its so much wider

:worship: U are correct!! I messed up on the header I meant a XJ wagoneer ( yup the one with the virtual woodgrain ......)

So is it a direct bolt on ?
anybody have pix of a MJ coverted like that.
Heck I just want to see:cheers: how bad it looks...........

:gag:
IslanderOffRoad said:

:worship: U are correct!! I messed up on the header I meant a XJ wagoneer ( yup the one with the virtual woodgrain ......)

So is it a direct bolt on ?
anybody have pix of a MJ converted like that.
I'm sure someone out there has one
Heck I just want to see:cheers: how good/bad it looks...........

Basically you just need to swap the whole header panel, grill, headlight buckets, etc... The radiator supports are the same.

We did this swap on my friends Jeep. He had a Wagoneer that had seen better days, but the front was fine. He found a lightly wrecked XJ with a D44 for $500. It had minor front end damage, so we just swapped them. The only thing that is really different is the headlight/parking light wiring.

Just make sure you get everything that bolts to the body in front of the fenders, including the wiring.

Back