• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snorkles. Is there a Difference?

WVUwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
Last edited:
Just FYI, thats not a real safari snorkel. its a knock-off. Works just as well I've heard/read, but the fitting that mate it to the stock airbox suck.

Just what I heard through the grapvine.

He's also got an ARB snorkel listed for $440! I paid $200 for my ARB new back in 00...why in the world would one pay that for a cheap chinese knockoff?

Run a AIrflow and get far better hose routing saving many bends and length and will clear Bushwackers should you even fit them!

Kensnorkel.jpg

mecompco said:
it comes with no instructions or templates for installation. Just a heads up.
I didn't get a template with mine. No real issues with the install, though I did have to clearance the vent visor a bit for it. :laugh3:
snorkle.jpg

Gojeep said:
Run a AIrflow and get far better hose routing saving many bends and length and will clear Bushwackers should you even fit them!

Kensnorkel.jpg

Love this colour LOL

What are the specs and mods on this XJ? just wondering......

Jeff

G.Q. Jeeper said:
Love this colour LOL

Jeff

I 'd hazard a guess that you could get a pretty good idea of this from looking at the wildly popular and very well written go jeep website

http://go.jeep-xj.info/

G.Q. Jeeper said:
Love this colour LOL

Jeff
He is running OME srings all round with Rancho 9000 shocks. Has 16x7" rims with 245x75x16 BFG AT's.
No SYE but a 20 mm cross member drop and 2 degree shim under the leafs.
Runs a light weight Team Poly plastic bullbar.
I converted the drums to Ford Falcon discs.
Has a 125 litre long range fuel tank.

Ditch the ABS and then the Airflow will work.

I think the ARB will work with the ABS because it goes under the fender and comes up in front of the stock airbox.

Back