• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spring bowed out????????

dgrigorenko

NAXJA Forum User
here is my setup: 99xj with 4.5 rusty's origionally, teraflex 1.5in shackles rear, dpg trailgunner 5" springs up front, 33 bfg at, 4.56 powertrax rear, protofab prerunner tubular winch bumper, RE hack and tap, jks qd's.

i just put the front coils on a few weeks ago, and just recently went over a small median/curb because i wanted to get to the other side of the street where i wasnt supposed to, and ever since i have noticed that the passenger side was sittine a little lower than the other, i looked under, and the spring was bowed out a little, and i cant tell if something is missing/broken on the coil seat. any ideas? (and yeah i know the little clip and the bottom is not seated.) and sorry bout the big pics... i didnt realize they would come out so freakin huge...

632uxle.jpg

4p152ll.jpg

6g0rc3o.jpg

6b0z9xd.jpg

4kncprd.jpg

4rabs69.jpg

I can't tell by the pictures but the spring does not seem to be seated in proper position. The end of spring should be seated againts a small indention on lower a frame. This keeps the spring from turning and etc. If one is not in the proper seat and the other is. It would throw you off about a half inch. The bottom spring clip that you not using assures you the spring can't "bounce" out of it's set position and turn. I can't really tell but it just does not appear the end of spring is "butted" up against the set point/cut out or whate ever you want to call it.

Bill

hmmm that is a good possiblility... it was hard to get good angles on things with the camera

Back