• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bighorns vs timberlines

jacked

NAXJA Forum User
so i need to make a decision quick, its either dayton timberlines or maxxis bighorns in 33x12.5/15. i would like some info on the bighorns like the tread and sidewall plys and the strengths. also any opinions on the treads and sidewall protection of both. the timberlines are 6 ply tread and 3 ply sidewall so they are pretty tuff, no siping though, just need some opinions thanks. also relative tread wear

I currently run Bighorns, and have ran Baja Widetrack MT's in the past. I'm fairly certain that Baja Widetrack MT's are the same as the Timberlines, just sold under a different name.

Both are good tires, with the upper hand going to the Bighorns. Big improvemnt in wet pavement conditions with the Bighorns. IMHO, both preform well in offroad conditions that I frequently find myself in. I only have 6000 miles on my Bighorns, but they seem to be wearing very well so far. Treadware was good with the Baja's too. Bighorns are much quieter on the road than the Baja Widetracks were. I DD my XJ so they are on the road everyday. I will likely replace my Bighorns with another set of Bighorns.

HTH

Hale

I have about 25,000 on my bighorns ( Summit Mud Dawg ) and the wear is better than expected, maybe %30 gone, this tire wears like an A/T does great in the rain, pulls harder than a BFG M/T off the pavement. I will be buying another set of these tires

I took mine down to 10psi and had no problems.

Back