• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard Front Suspension

ReftonsRed

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought another XJ (1993 $250) I have Dana 44's for it and the rear suspension at about 6 inches. The problem is I want the front at about six too but need to do it CHEAP! Any sugestions would be very helpful.

4.5 rustys coil and 1.5 inch spacer

ror300_01.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-3]Price: $129.00 x 2

[/SIZE][/FONT]
spacer_01.jpg

$38

Last edited:
That was one of my options but Ill be more inclined to use a coil from another vehicle. I have heard 80's f-250 will put on 4 or so but then ill still need control arms and whatnot...

I've heard about this giving you 4" but that it rides like there is no suspension.

Springs are the cheap part!You are going to need either some form of Long arm or Drop brackets/braces along with some good arms.You may also need a new trackbar.How is the front 44 prepped now for suspension?

You did the easy part (the rear). Now you are going to have to get LAs, TB and HD TB bracket, springs, etc. Dont think you are going to lift it to 6 inches on ford springs. They just sit higher cause the load is higher. You put them next to a stock spring and they are actually shorter and they ride like steel bars (no suspension). Face it you are not going to "junk yard" your rig way up in the air other than~

Buying springs and building all the arms and such yourself

or tracking down a bunch of lucky deals on cheap parts

or the worst one is just welding and bolting stuff to your rig and having it ride like crap, no flex and parts failures.

Rough country has a suspension kit called the X Factor 6.5" lift kit all the parts for $995 If you can't afford that then think about leaf springs because to get a 6" lift out of the front and have it safe you need to either spend at least that much or fab alot yourself which in the end will cost about the same.

Back