• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

carrier? are the spider gears interchangable?

slipperynova1964

NAXJA Forum User
i have a dana 35 under my 92 with 3.08s it has c clip axles i got some 4.10s gears out of an older cherokee it had a dana 35 also but this one had no c clips holding the axles in instead it had outer bearing retainers which held the axles in i need to know if the spider gears are interchangable?

slipperynova1964 said:
i have a dana 35 under my 92 with 3.08s it has c clip axles i got some 4.10s gears out of an older cherokee it had a dana 35 also but this one had no c clips holding the axles in instead it had outer bearing retainers which held the axles in i need to know if the spider gears are interchangable?

What do the spiders have to do with it? The ratio is determined by the ring and pinion; the ring gear is only bolted to the diff assembly that contains the spiders.

Just out of curiosity, why did you just take the gears and not the whole axle?

the spider gears got slightly bigger in ~94, plus there is no slots on the side gears for the c clips. swap the whole 4.10 axle

Back