• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 xj questions

DurbElites

NAXJA Forum User
i jsut installed a trans temp gauge from b&m and drove around after the install to get the fluid moving through the trans lines again. 1st prob is my gauge bounces around at idle and when i hit the bumps on the road, it is steady when i am accelerating and decelerating, is this just air moving around or did i f something up on install? THE INSTALL WENT AS FOLLOWS= I hooked the ground up to the bracket that holds the shifter (zinc looking) ignition to the ign line at the inside fuse panel lights to the lights that are used with the shifter and the other straight to the sender, wondering if the ign wire is a bad place or just air in the line? 2nd when i was under the engine and it was running it sounded like the bottom end had lifters that were a little loose ( i know that they dont but thats the only way to describe it) is it time to rebuild the 4.0 to a 4.7 stroker or they are just a louder engine to begin with?

Back