• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mud-proofing an auto

xjh3

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, my buddies and I have an '89 YJ with an auto. 4" lift, 31" swampers.

Anyway, there is a local event called the Bog'n'Grog where there are mudpits open to the public. We would really like to take it through. However, we got into some deep mud once and later after several trans. fluid changes learned about the breather hose.

Does anyone know exactly where the breather is on this transmission? Is it at all possible to do anything to keep the mud from entering the transmission without pulling the transmission?

Thanks in advance.

yj +31's - the breather hose isn't going to help you

xjh3 said:
Why? The height? The transmission won't take it?

Ha ha ha ha yea the trany says right on the side "only tires bigger than 31s". LOL. Naw you are pretty low on 31s so you are prolly just going to burry the rig in a huge nasty hole. But yes put the barbed fitting on there and run the hose as high as you can in a good concealed place where mud shouldnt get

Question.....what KIND of trans is in it....since it's a YJ....it might have a 904 chrysler tranny...or maybe a 272....it might have a AW4....but I don't know....if you have a 904.....the breather vent ting is quite a bit more complicated.....since there (strictly speaking) is not one....at least not one with a hose on it.

Back