• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power steering leak

If the leak isn't substantial, try adding a bottle of Lucas oil power steering leak additive. We had a leak on our 88 and it sealed it up in a few days!

Just replace the box. It took me about 20 min. I had the same thing going on with mine. Tried to use Lucas and it did nothing after I was driving. You can get one cheep at a wrecking yard.

supsa said:
Just replace the box. It took me about 20 min. I had the same thing going on with mine. Tried to use Lucas and it did nothing after I was driving. You can get one cheep at a wrecking yard.

change the seals when it's out and don't buy one! If you're gonna pull it out to change boxes, just change the seals and be done!;)
--Shorty

PS-- to change seals in vehicle is possible, but frustrating pull the box and have at it-- you'll be glad you did when you're done!

Back