• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats your gas mileage?

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
whats everyone gettin in their jeeps? i have a 1998 4 liter and it only gets about 12 miles per gallon combined. im looking into a flowmaster exhuast and air tube from k&n to get something a little better. would a tune up help or is that just a waste of money?

eh thats not right - you must have a problem there b/c my I6 4.0 with 4.56 and 36 inch iroks and roll cage get 13-14 around city and 17 highway

oh and i have bumpers, full spare, winch tools etc

32s, its a tossup between 4.10s and 4.56s.....

I get between 18-20mpg, slightly modified 2000XJ....hypertech programmer, k&n intake, 62mm TB+spacer, magnaflow exhaust, hi-flo cat, 180 t-stat...3.75" lift and 30" MTRs, SYE, AW4 and 3.55s

1990 Xj 4.0, AW4, np231, 4.88s, 35s, bumper, winch, tons of tools and parts.
last tank i got 16.4 mixed driving.(highway is not much better than city tho, cuz of the 4.88s my revs are close to 3000 at 70-75mph)

-Tim

I have 32" bfg's and am going with the 4.56's. I struggled over that or 4.11 for awhile. Decided that ill kick myself later ifI didnt get the 4.56. as I understand it ill see close to 30% increase in fule economy. I was getting close to 25mpg stock. Dont have any preformance mods except for intake.

I'm getting 13 mpg combined on a 1990 XJ with a HO intake manifold that backfires all the time and runs very rich. Oh and it has a RE 3.5" Superflex, 3:55s and 31"s as well. Your mileage is way low. I would look into 02 sensors or atleast running some Seafoam or BG through your tank and see if that does anything for you.

I wanna know how some people say they get 22-25 mpg stock. The sticker on my 2000 said it was rated for 20Hwy/16city....How?

I get 14Hwy/11city, and drive like a bat out of hell

whats your gas mileage

My last three tanks have been in the 19+ MPG range, even with a Conn Ferr cargo rack on top of my XJ. I keep the speed below 60 and take it easy. I'm stock, otherwise.

Sounds like some crazy Criss Angel magic to me...lol

During my morning drives to school, where I start it up and drive instantly, and only go about 3 miles I get about 12mpg.

A few weeks ago when I drove down to Denver I got 400 miles out of my 20 gal tank, which is 20mpg.

I get 15 MPG city to school, rarly drive on the highway so i couldn't tell ya.

I get about 17-18 city and at least 25 highway- '87 4.0L and 5 speed, completely stock, some spirited driving here and there and usually going 70-75 on the freeway. AMC must have done something right.

Back