• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlight problems

JEEParon

NAXJA Forum User
for some reason a few weeks ago, my panel lights and tail lights wouldnt work when the headlights were on. checked all fuses and wires, everything looked fine. so i went to the junkyard and picked up another headlight switch and replaced mine, but it didnt fix the problem. im kinda stumped about whats going on. anybody else had this problem before? thanks

Cherokee Freak said:
Did you check all of your fuses. Last week I had the same problem and it ended up being a fusethat I wouldn't think had anything to do with the problem. I'll bet on it.

hmm ill check all the ones i can. do you remember specifically which fuse it was you changed?

Mine is doing the exact same thing,replaced switch,the dash and park lights come on when the switch is in a --half-- position ? when pulled out all the way just headlights.
Any suggestions ? Thanks
Park lights dont work in the park position at all,dash etc,

happens to me because the clutch master drips on the fuse box. this eats away the connection in the fuse box. fuse is good but no power goes through it. i rewired the fuse box so power goes through the fuse

you need to test if there is power going through the fuse with a test light, dont just check to see if the fuse is blown.

Fixed it ?? It was the number 15 fuse under the dash,,,,15 amp
So how come thet would come on,,dash lights,park and tail lights,,,when it was on the sweet spot ?? hmmmmmmm
After reading all the threads on this i will carry plenty of stuff to hopefully fix it on the trail,including the new switch i bought,,geez
Had an alarm installed 3 months ago ,never a problem till now with it, of course after i get done doing major mods to it,nothing to do with electrical though,,,,,shes a tempermental witch so far. :doh:

Back