• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aw4 adapters (SBC?)

DirtyMJ

NAXJA Forum User
I assume there is no adapters out there to mate an aw4 to sbc? We can do GM 60* with an isuzu bell-housing or the factory 2.5-AW4 bell. But assumably 90* is not possible by either a hodge podge collection of stock parts or by anything aftermarket?

Novak says:

GM
Because of this transmission's service record behind even stock Jeep powerplants, we do not offer any conversion to V6 or V8 power. The customer's efforts and funds are best spent converting to a stronger and more refined transmission during the engine upgrade.

Which is total BS.

Now, since it is a TOY tranny (A340). Is there anything in the toy world? It seems all those guys are 'real men' and run sticks... Maybe I should ask them...

(And no, I don't need to be told to run a 700R4 - I have considered it but would rather do it this way if I can)

Last edited:
any adapter that would allow a jeep or AMC tranny to an SBC should work because while its true that the AW4 is a toyota tranny it's case has the same pattern on the engine side as any other jeep tranny, such as the tf999 or tf727 (jeep versions)

that one should work since it's for a the AMC th400 and it as well as the AW4 have no removable bellhousings because they are autos i would assume it's a thin plate.

try calling Advance adapters tomorrow they were always very helpful when i called with questions

The AW4 bell comes off. But the th-400 one doesn't. But yeah, I think it works.

I dunno why they say it'll work for a buick though. The BOP pattern is totally different. But I'll call them. They'll probably think I'm insane or something.

Back