• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YES or NO

Except for the yoke which must be changed from 1330 to 1310. Then you will have the problem of the drive shaft being to long because the dana 44 pumkin is larger and longer. Grab the factory air pump if you can because it's hard to find a decient regulator that is accurate at the 5 psi necessary to pressurize the locker. Too much and you may ruin the locker. I just installed one and it went well. I used P.O.R.C (special to rubicon only) gears and setup only needed a pinion shim removed. The inner axels are a bigger spline count so you cant use your old inners as a trail spare.

I figured a new yoke and front DS. I assume then the ARB compressor wont work? With a regulator maybe?

Have to shorten the rear DS on mine when I finish my rear 44.

Rocketman said:
I figured a new yoke and front DS. I assume then the ARB compressor wont work? With a regulator maybe?
If you have a ARB compressor allready I do some home work on the regulators. If not call jeepsareus and ask for one rubicon compressor. I realy like the one I have . It's tiny,reliable and you just wire tie it up under the hood. Throw on a toggle switch and run an indicator lamp thru the diff switch and you done.

Rocketman said:

Have to shorten the rear DS on mine when I finish my rear 44.

Really? I had no issues, how much slip do you have on your shaft.
I went from 5" Dana35, to 8" and a 44. only moved out less than an inch.

for the front shaft, a chop saw and a welder did it in 5 min.:greensmok: got lock outs?

Last edited:
Back