• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pcv grommet

backinajeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone,

After 4 years I am finally back in a Jeep. Just (literally an hour ago) bought a 1991 cherokee sport with a 4 litre motor for 100 bucks. Runs sweet, might need an exhaust valve, but right off, it is missing the Pcv valve and grommet and the tube to connect to the airbox. Anyone know what it looks like, or where I can get one on the net? I would like to see what it looks like so I can start checkin out my local sources, ie. junk yards etc. I am looking forward to gettin dirty again with my buddies. Thanks in advance.

Ok.....I don't have the rear insert but I do have the insert towards the front of the valve cover, along with a tube that goes to the airbox.

or you could just get this from a local junkyard.

The front one that connects to the air box is not a PCV valve, but just hose or tubing. It is half of a CCV ventilation system that uses a smaller hose and a 2.0 to 2.5 mm orifice in the small line which attaches the rear valve cover hole (grommet) the intake manifold. NAPA and the dealers have them for under $20. The front one can be done with 1/2" ID rubber coolant hose. See:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=903179&highlight=Crank+case+ventilation

I do have the grommet and the plastic tube to the airbox.

Stuff2.jpg

thanks for the hlp so far! Madxj's site was just what the doctor ordered, the picks look exactly like my setup, minus the needed parts, now i just gotta get em

Back