• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end noise

supsa

NAXJA Forum User
I got a noise coming from my front end. It only happens in 4 low and on the trail. I thought it was coming from my driveline. It comes from the passenger side and sounds like the wheel is going to come right off. Anybody got any advice?

I just had my front end redone with new bearing and balljoints. I think it is some thing with my disconects.

Did you check the U joints in the front axle? Mine had the same noise and thats what it was. Also check the Transfer case crossmember, shocks, and the controll arms. Good luck.

I haven't tried my u-joints. I would think the shop would have looked into that. They did an alignment and I dont think they could do it if the u-joints are bad. It drives strait just bangs in 4low and when flexing

It was the u-joint and the shop replaced it for free. Most of the shaking was the steering brace. Thanks for the info.

Back