• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steel Wheelies

Throttle

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I'm building a trailer, and I need some offset rims.
the axle for the trailer is a dana35 out of a 95 cherokee, so its a 15x8" rim, 5x4.5 bolt pattern, 71.5mm axle bore, and I need the rim to be a Zero offset.

Anyone know of any other vehicles that I might be able to rip these rims off at a wrecking yard?

Ford Rangers, Early 90s Exploders and Bronco IIs come to mind. I'm sure there are others out there.

Then again you can get cheap rims for like $50 or less from JC whitney or 4 wheel parts.

oh and wasn't the 95s a 15x7?

How about matching the backspacing to the wheels on your tow rig, run the same size tires all the way around, and put spacers in to make up the difference in offset. Then you could have matched spares for the truck and trailer.

Another option: Sell the D-35, take the coin to a trailer/farm supply place and get an axle of the right length to run the rims of your tow rig. Buddy of mine built an atv trailer. The axle was like $150.00 new. He told them the width and bolt pattern, they matched it in 2 days.

Another thing. If you're building that trailer to haul anything you care about, be sure to install shock absorbers. A lot of people think it's a waste on a trailer because most manufacturers don't bother with them. They don't bother to save money! It makes a HUGE difference in the vibration and can even inprove the ride of the truck while towing.

oh I've already put shocks in from a ZJ in it. I'm thinkin about buyin just two new rims for the trailer with a zero or negative offset. As for the tires, when I bought my truck, the guy had a complete set of 31's on rims, now I've got 33's on the truck, so I had the 31's kickin around, so I decided to use them on the trailer.

Back