• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear shackle bolt size

CROSBIKE

NAXJA Forum User
anybody know the size of the bolt that goes through the shackle into the frame? i know its frozen cuz in the bushing i tried it last year and it was. so im going to cut it after i get it out far enough but id like to have the bolt in hand so i can put it right back on with my new TNT shackles. thanks
alex

i know i could do that and i have one of those displays from a hardware store that you can screw the bolt into to find the thread and stuff. i just didnt want to make a trip during the install. oh well. thanks anyways

they are 14 millimeter(at least on my 95)... I am not to sure of the length. I know on my 1995 all the bolts were the same in the shackle, frame, and bushings that connected to the leaf springs.

14mm is right. There are a metric bolt and 10.9 grade (like a grade 8 standard) About $8 each from a dealer. NOT a bad price for that large a bolt actually.

Back