• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stop the rain!

robertmayton

NAXJA Forum User
I own an 84 cherokee and my boss has an 88

both of our trucks leave us a present of standing water in the pass floorboard when it rains.

is this normal?????

how do we stop it?

You know I have no Idea how to stop it but my 1985 does this only on the driverside. I thought maybe the windshield was not sealed but i didnt find any trace of water on the fire wall?

Check your undercarage for rusted out spots. I had the same thing, but it would only get wet when I drove.
-Nothing a little sheet metal can't fix!

Nope I already rebuilt the complete floor on my XJ. The only time when I get this problem is when I'm not driving. My door is tight a little bit of water, maybe a half pint if that, gets in when I put about 2200PSI of water pressure onto the seems of the windows and the wings. The only thing that I can think of is that the drainage for the cowl is not working good enough to get all the water out of the cowl.

If you think it's water on the heater-ac blower unit, park the Jeep downhill next time it rains. If you don't get water, it's a pretty good bet you're right. I had the same problem and it turned out to be water falling right on the blower unit, running through the crappy seal, down the plastic onto the floor.

I have an 89 xj that I just bought, I had noticed moisture in the floor board. Then I drove in a pouring rain yesterday and had water dripping on my feet from the dash. It was also dripping on the passenger side.
Tomorrow I will look into it, I will probably be back with more questions than answers.

Turns out mine was a dry seal and clogged drain tubes on a "factory" sunroof.

Mine leaks at the firewall on both sides. Water runs down at the corner of the hood and into the cab through the penetrations in the firewall. The passenger side leaks the worst around the blower motor location. The carpet is out of mine so it's easy to spot. After a hard rain, I can have a lot of water in the floorboard.

robertmayton said:
I own an 84 cherokee and my boss has an 88

both of our trucks leave us a present of standing water in the pass floorboard when it rains.

is this normal?????

how do we stop it?

I had the same problem last year, spent 2 months trying to figure it out. Washed the car and found out the rear passenger window was not rolled all the up, tight. Looked closed but it was not. The water got in there, found its way to the floor, and then ran to the front seat floor.

Back